by Sarah Burlingame, 2014 PDFC Show Chairman
It’s that time of year yet again… less than a month to go before our 2014 dog show!
Want to get an idea of what we’re up to right now? We’re already into the final stretch of the planning process! Over the next few weeks we will:
- finalize ring stewards and assign them to rings after the entries close on March 5
- make a shopping list for our hospitality needs (fed volunteers are happy volunteers!)
- hire our Group and Best in Show announcer
- work with the Superintendents at Onofrio to finalize our ring layout (we try to allow for plenty of space for foot traffic, crate set up, and spectators so everyone can enjoy their weekend to the fullest!)
- coordinate with members and other volunteers to help with set up, clean up, and other duties throughout the show weekend (including finding friendly faces to greet people and answer questions at our Club table!)
- address any final details/issues that we can improve on from previous years
and so much more! Check out our post here to read a bit more about what goes into planning a dog show.
The most exciting thing to me is to get some new faces around the club so that we can all share our knowledge of the sport of dog shows (participating in and organizing) and other activities that we enjoy with our four-footed family members, and make some new friends in the process. It’s a fun time of year!
Want to get involved? Tonight (February 27) is our final General Meeting before the dog show in March! Come out and join us! 7pm at the Sheridan Recreation Center on Lebo Blvd, Bremerton.