We are gearing up for the Peninsula Dog Fanciers’ Club’s 2012 All Breed Dog Show, Obedience and Rally Trials! The weekend of March 24-25, 2012 will be here before we know it!
Would you like to be a part of making the 2012 Show another success? Here are just a few ways you can get involved…
- Become a member! There’s a lot that goes into putting on a fun, successful dog show and none of it is possible without the hard work of members behind the scenes. (And don’t forget our September Responsible Dog Ownership Day!)
- Donate or sponsor trophies! The donation/sponsorship information must be included in the show’s Premium so we need it ASAP. (You can donate/sponsor Best in Show, Group placements, Obedience or Rally placements, High in Trial, High Combined, or Breed trophies, including Best of Breed, Winner’s Bitch, Winner’s Dog, Best of Winners, and/or Best of Opposite.)
- Be a Ring Steward! Ring stewarding can be a lot of fun–it is one of my favorite things to do at the show! If you’ve never done it before but are interested in learning how, that’s ok! We can pair you with someone to teach you the ropes! (Some experience with how dog shows work is recommended.)
- Be a vendor! The show vendors are by invitation only, but let us know if you are interested in case we have space!
- Be a spectator! Dog shows are great places to meet dogs and their owners, learn a bit more about breeds you might be interested in owning one day, and to check out some of the activities you can become involved in (remember–there are obedience and rally classes for All American Dogs now, too!). Plus it’s just fun to see so many different dogs in one place!